Registering a .ie online address is now easier and faster than ever as IE Domain Registry’s (IEDR) domain ‘liberalisation’ policy had been changed. From now on, any individual or business with a provable connection to Ireland will be able to register any available .ie domain name on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fastpass for existing .ie holders
Reduction in restrictions
- IEDR’s change to the registration process retains the requirement for applicants to prove their connection to Ireland but drops the need to prove a valid claim to a name.
- From now on, any individual or business with a provable connection to Ireland will be able to register any available .ie domain name on a first-come, first-served basis.
Easier and faster to register
- The change will transform the customer experience, making it easier and faster for individuals, businesses and community groups to register a .ie domain
- Those registering a .ie domain will no longer need a ‘claim to the name’—but they’ll still need to prove their connection to Ireland
- IEDR CEO: “.ie is the only online namespace in the world reserved for Irish citizens, communities and businesses. Liberalisation will allow applicants to get online with an identifiably Irish website in less time and with less hassle.”
- For any queries regarding the requirements to complete your registration, please contact with us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Be identifiable Irish with a .ie domain name
.ie reflects the relationship between your online activity and Ireland. .ie websites have a guaranteed Irish connection and are most suitable to maximize your marketing efforts in Ireland.
The criteria for owning a .ie domain is stricter. Every .ie domain is verified to ensure that the people behind it are who they say they are. Learn more