Trendy domain in the tech world
.io domains have a real appeal to the tech-orientated; coders, designers, engineers, gamers, and developers, among others.
Why register a .io domain?
- The new .io name space is highly sought after, for example by tech companies.
- .io is a new domain and therefore many names are still available to register.
- Google treats .io as a top-level domain.
- Anyone, anywhere can register.
- Registrations are accepted quickly and efficiently.
- .IO operates a DNSSEC signed zone, operated on a secure, globally diverse anycast system with over 40 locations. Your domain will work securely, as expected, and fast!
- .io is recognized by the tech community
With over 1.1 million domains registered under .COM alone, it’s increasingly difficult to nab a unique but memorable domain name. Plenty of great domains are available for .IO in spite of its increasing popularity. You can still find lots of catchy words and even three letter domains, so there’s no need to settle for a long or complicated one.
Every domain name has a WHOIS listing, which is a searchable database of registered domains. It is available to everyone on the Internet. Without domain privacy, or WHOIS privacy protection, all of your contact information (address, phone number, name, etc) is available to the public.
After the .io registration you can make sure that your brand is a unique and safe. The quality of .io domain is much more likely to be available versus their .com counterparts. Although .io is technically a ccTLD it is recognized as generic by Google due to its popularity among startups. This means you don’t have to worry about the potential domain hack downside of not being able to geotarget it in Webmaster Tools.
.io domain available to register here